The Orchid Forum, for the UK and Europe (previously known as The UK Orchid Forum) • View topic - Donations to this site
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Donations to this site
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 179 posts
I live in: United Kingdom (England)
My nearest city or region is: London
My hardiness zone is: 9a
You will have noticed a box at the top-right allowing donations to be made to this site.

There is absolutely NO necessity for ANYONE to pay to use this forum. I am totally opposed to charging for membership of a community. This holds good for people who use it every day as well as people who are virtually never here. However, the generous-spirited members might like to make some small contribution toward the costs of maintaining this site, which runs to around £100 per year.

If anyone wants to make a donation, feel free to do so, though I suggest not more than a token amount (no more than around £5.00 GBP is suggested). I really don't want to end up with more money than the forum costs. Excess money will be funnelled back into orchid conservation projects or for special forum-related events.

NB Donations should not be under £1.00 GBP (as PayPal charge most of that to process a transaction).

All donations or lack thereof are completely confidential and will not be made known to other members.

To make a donation, click on the icon at the top-right of your screen saying "Make a Donation". You do not need a PayPal account.

Cheers.

• Email me for site admin issues
• Orchid inspiration (random images from this site for viewing and discussion)
• Orchid growlist | • Orchid wishlist
• Carnivorous plant growlist

Seeking: Aristolochia cathcartii, Encephalartos inopinus, Passiflora incarnata, P. tucumanensis (seeds) Lobelia gloria-montis, L. villosa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 179 posts
I live in: United Kingdom (England)
My nearest city or region is: London
My hardiness zone is: 9a
Hello, hello. It's going to be time to renew the annual fee for the website in a while, so I'm doing a periodic nudge of this thread. Purely for academic interest.

;)

• Email me for site admin issues
• Orchid inspiration (random images from this site for viewing and discussion)
• Orchid growlist | • Orchid wishlist
• Carnivorous plant growlist

Seeking: Aristolochia cathcartii, Encephalartos inopinus, Passiflora incarnata, P. tucumanensis (seeds) Lobelia gloria-montis, L. villosa