The Orchid Forum, for the UK and Europe (previously known as The UK Orchid Forum) • View topic - Beware ****
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beware ****
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:05 pm 
This forum is my spiritual home

Liked in: 26 posts
I live in: United Kingdom (England)
My nearest city or region is: London
I have just spent the last week begging **** to refund my money that as far as I am concerned he stole from my account.

I sent him an order form three weeks ago saying that I wanted to buy a few things from him and that he could process the form on such and such a date in the future when my funds would be in my account. A week before he was due to process the order I e mailed him again to say, cancel that order, I no longer want the goods and please don't process it. I also said that I would be in touch when I was able to pay for the goods. Matter dealt with - in good time too - I promptly forgot all about it. That was until last week Friday when unbeknownst to me, he decided to process the order anyway! :crazy: :o :o I was left fifty five pounds out of pocket because of him. I have not been able to pay my rent or my other bills because he 'stole' my money.

I contacted him immediately to find out why he had ignored my request and I sent about 7 e mails before I heard from him. Apparently -side eye number one- he never got the email saying to cancel the order... :handgestures-thumbdown:

Anyway, he promised to refund me and asked for my bank details to do a refund as he had never done one before -side eye number two! I gave him my bank account number and my sort code. Finally I felt relieved; he was going to refund me. That happened on Friday night last week. I checked my bank balance on line yesterday -Thursday- and low and behold, no money. I immediately e mailed him again -about seven times before I heard from him- and he said that he couldn't process the refund as he didn't have my IBAN number. Feeling more than a little agitated by now I e mailed him back with the information that he required thinking that it was alright; I'd have a bank transfer before the end of the day and I'd be able to pay my bills before the end of the week.

But like Diana Ross sang back in the seventies: I'm still waiting.... :confusion-shrug:

I have contacted the bank today and they have informed me that unless he refunds me by the 26 October then he will be charged by Visa and they will get the money back from him. I will get my money back from the bank.

What a fuss and palaver! He actually made me hyperventilate!

Feel better now that I have had a rant about it. What a w**ker!!

Post subject: Re: Beware ****
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm 

Liked in: 56 posts
My nearest city or region is: Manchester
Susie.
I have bought a number of plants from **** without the slightest problem over the years. Some rare ones that I've never seen for sale elsewhere.

Also paying between accounts in different countries can be trickier than you might imagine, as you would think it should be a snip in this day and age.
I once had a considerable sum sent to me that was paid into the account of some of the same family name who had an account at the same branch. Luckily it was my son's account so easily found and sorted! (that was the Banks doing...)

But when you need the pennies badly I know it must be very worrying.

I wouldn't go tooooooo hard on them so long as they pay it back soon.

Alec

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:42 pm 

Liked in: 26 posts
Well in the first instance he shouldn't have even taken the money in the first place.

Secondly he has said that he would pay it back for the last week but yet he has made no effort to do this. I am sorry that this has happened but I think that he is in the wrong here. It is not hard to refund someone their money when you only have to enter a few digits into a computer, it should take no more than five minutes if that! The bank seem to think that he is taking the piss too so -

I shall wait and see what the eventual outcome is though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 179 posts
My hardiness zone is: 9a
I don't see any reason to assume that anything has been done untoward. The seller is well-known and reputable. Either the cancellation email wasn't received or some other kind of oversight has happened. I suggest you telephone to resolve it if emails are not proving efficient.

Thread locked and edited for now. If this is not resolved then by all means start a new thread, but I don't think this is appropriate here for now, when it is far from clear that it would be "right" for this to be searchable on google.

Please pm me if you disagree or are upset by this :)

Thanks.

Rob.

• Email me for site admin issues
• Orchid inspiration (random images from this site for viewing and discussion)
• Orchid growlist | • Orchid wishlist
• Carnivorous plant growlist

Seeking: Aristolochia cathcartii, Encephalartos inopinus, Passiflora incarnata, P. tucumanensis (seeds) Lobelia gloria-montis, L. villosa

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]