The Orchid Forum, for the UK and Europe (previously known as The UK Orchid Forum) • View topic - Ooops! I have upset someone -----again
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:47 pm 
Starting to put down roots here
Starting to put down roots here

Liked in: 30 posts
For modesty reasons I'll not identify the specific item, but I have received a personal mail complaining that some of my remarks were condescending and not supportive. As a consequence, the individual will "think twice" before using the forum in future.
This is sad, and my remarks were certainly not intended as condescending or otherwise off-putting, and indeed the forum moderators did not remove the item which rather supports my position.
I do feel that we should be able to express our personal opinions (so long as they are without obscenities etc), but one can hardly be upset if readers do not get the response they expect. Surely that is all healthy debate amongst us all with the same hobby.
The most important thing is to contribute. It is only through such diversity that we all pick up additional pieces of knowledge.
This is a hobby, so if one does not like what is written then just ignore it, but if you have a different opinion let's hear it because the writer could be wrong.
Richard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:36 pm 
Probably run out of new things to post
Probably run out of new things to post

Liked in: 397 posts
I live in: United Kingdom (England)
My nearest city or region is: birmingham warwickshire
I agree with there. I think I can be a bit to blunt at times myself and that's just me I post my pics of my orchids and if they get a comment great if not oh well.
Plants or flowers are something that is personal opinion, I have no end of customers tell me that some plants I have grown are gordy and horrible well good for them. It's all personal preference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 179 posts
I live in: United Kingdom (England)
My nearest city or region is: London
My hardiness zone is: 9a
No-one has flagged anything as problematic to the moderators. Issue closed I guess.

• Email me for site admin issues
• Orchid inspiration (random images from this site for viewing and discussion)
• Orchid growlist | • Orchid wishlist
• Carnivorous plant growlist

Seeking: Aristolochia cathcartii, Encephalartos inopinus, Passiflora incarnata, P. tucumanensis (seeds) Lobelia gloria-montis, L. villosa